But how do you know which one to go for? To relieve some of the stress of searching, we’ve pulled together some of the best used automatic cars currently available for you to consider.
- Why should you buy a cheap automatic used car?
- What should you consider before buying a cheap automatic used car?
- The best cheap automatic cars
- Tips for finding and buying a cheap automatic car
- Frequently asked questions
There are plenty of reasons to consider buying a cheap automatic car, including:
- Automatic cars are great for keeping things easy – you don’t need to change gears and the car will do the hard work for you
- Automatic gearboxes are fitted to cars of all shapes and sizes, so there are plenty of options to choose from that cater to a wide variety of lifestyles
- Cheaper automatic cars still come with plenty of equipment, since automatic gearboxes are usually fitted to higher-specification cars from new
- Some automatic cars have gear ‘paddles’ behind the steering wheel, so you can still change gears should you fancy it
Before deciding whether a cheap automatic used car is a good choice for you, there are some factors to consider, such as:
- You need to make sure that any automatic car has been well looked after – automatic gearboxes can be expensive to repair so it’s important that any used model has been maintained properly in order to avoid a large bill further on
- Because an automatic gearbox is more complex than a manual one, it’ll need a little more maintenance – so you should factor this into your future costs
- If you’ve never driven an automatic car, then you might want to take a test drive first as the experience can feel a little alien to newcomers. Some people can feel a little less immersed as they’re not changing gears by themselves
- Some automatic cars can be more expensive to insure than a manual version, so bear this in mind if you’re looking to save money. This is particularly the case with more powerful cars or larger SUVs
- Volkswagen up!
- SEAT Leon
- Hyundai i10
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- MINI Hatch
- Audi A3
- Skoda Superb
- Toyota Aygo
- Honda Jazz
- BMW i3