In recent years, the quality of electric cars has rapidly improved, giving fossil-fuelled models a serious run for their money. There’s a brilliant selection of electric vehicles (or EVs) on the market right now, so we’ve collated a selection of the best electric cars to help you get acquainted. First off, though, let’s look at some of their key benefits.
- They’re cheap to run, with low day-to-day costs saving you money in the long run
- They offer zero CO2 emissions, making them exempt from road tax and the London Congestion Charge
- You can receive government grants to help cover the cost of the initial purchase and put towards the installation of any charge points
- There are lots of quick recharge points throughout the country, with more and more being added every month
- EVs often come with lots of high-tech equipment, even in the entry-level models
Read our guide to electric cars to learn if they are right for you.
The Top 10 E-cars
With all these factors in mind, we’ve brought together some of the best vehicles in the market, starting with the Nissan Leaf.