At a glance:
- With huge advancements in EV technology over the last decade, even the smallest electric cars can still deliver considerable performance
- With most car manufacturers now manufacturing compact electric vehicles, there’s a wide selection of models to choose from, new or used
- The MINI Electric provides all the personality and features of the classic Cooper but with a more economical and climate-friendly package
- The Honda e isn’t afraid to stand out from the crowd, combining quirky, retro design with a heap of high-tech equipment as standard
- Our top tips for buying a small electric car
- What are the best small electric cars?
- Volkswagen ID.3
- Renault Zoe
- Mini Electric
- Smart Fortwo
- Honda e
- Kia Soul EV
- Peugeot e-208
- BMW i3
- Nissan Leaf
- Volkswagen e-up!
The electric car scene is growing daily, with more and more manufacturers throwing their hats into the EV ring. With increased competition comes better options, meaning an ever-growing range of compact, powerful and affordable electric cars are now available. Here’s our roundup of the best small electric cars on the market today, selected by our in-house experts.