At a glance:
- Designed to encourage drivers to part-exchange their older car for a newer, more eco-friendly model
- Few schemes available these days, and no government-ran schemes, but some manufacturers are offering great discounts
- Find out if the age or condition of your car matters when it comes to scrappage schemes
- Read on for our advice on how to get the very best deal for your car
While most schemes aren’t funded by the government anymore, some car manufacturers are still offering scrappage schemes in the UK to encourage everyone to trade in their old cars for newer, more environmentally-friendly models. If your car meets the criteria, there are some good deals out there to help you save when buying a new or used car.
That’s where we come in. From what these schemes are to the best car scrappage deals you can get with different kinds of vehicles, this handy guide covers everything you need to know about scrappage schemes so you can trade in your car and save some money on a new one.
- What is a scrappage scheme?
- Why are scrappage schemes important?
- Is there a government scrappage scheme this year?
- Is there a diesel scrappage scheme?
- Toxin tax and car scrappage schemes
- Which car manufacturers are offering scrappage schemes?
- Does it matter what age or condition your trade-in car is?
- Does my car qualify for a scrappage scheme?
- How to get the best deal for your car
- Related Articles and Advice