BEFORE BUYING A USED CONVERTIBLE
Whilst convertible cars are super entertaining on a clear day, as with any car purchase it’s important to consider whether it is the right choice for you. Ask yourself:
- Is the car big enough for your needs?
- Does it have enough boot space and practicality for your requirements?
- Does it fit within your budget?
If the answer is yes to all three questions, the only thing left to ask is whether you want a soft-top or a hardtop? There are pros and cons to each type:
- Hardtops are more secure and better insulated from the weather
- But hardtops are usually more expensive and they look like regular cars, losing some of the stylistic appeal of a convertible
- Soft-tops are typically cheaper and they retain that classic convertible look
- Although soft-tops roofs can be harder to maintain