If you’ve been browsing used car adverts, you may have come across cars that have been labelled under four categories: Cat A, Cat B, Cat S and Cat N. Whilst you may be tempted by the price point of these cars, it is important that you fully understand what these categories mean before selling or making a purchase.
In this comprehensive guide, we will give you an overview of each category, what they mean and if you can buy or sell vehicles that fit within these criteria.
- What is an insurance write-off?
- Why do cars get written off?
- What are the write-off categories of cars?
- Car insurance write-off categories explained
- Should I buy a written-off car?
- How to check the category of a car
- Can I insure a repairable write-off?
- Tips for buying a written-off car
- Frequently Asked Questions