Small estate cars are often enjoyable to drive and relatively easy to manoeuvre, yet they still deliver a big interior with lots of room and a large practical boot. Our favourite small estate cars offer all this and that little bit more, from fantastic affordable starting prices, to excellent driving experiences. From unrivalled practicality, to a combination of class leading traits.
6 REASONS TO BUY AN ESTATE CAR
Before the surging popularity of SUVs, estate cars were the go-to vehicles for practicality, space, and comfort. Today, estates are making a comeback as buyers begin to realise this class of car can often outperform sports utility vehicles and still offer a practical ride to suit a contemporary lifestyle. Usually modern estates offer:
- Sleek and stylish exteriors
- Comfortable and spacious cabins
- Better miles per gallon (MPG) compared to larger cars like SUVs
- A large practical boot that is usually flat and with a low-loading lip for ease of use – ideal for heavy shopping and pet dogs
- The chance to carry a roof box without worrying about car park height restrictions (as you might in an SUV)
- A very good driving experience with a low seating position
OUR TOP 10 FAVOURITE SMALL ESTATE CARS
When it comes to choosing favourites from an excellent range of vehicles, invariably there will be some popular models that unfortunately don’t make it on to this list. The competition is fierce, yet the cars listed here stand their ground, regularly featuring in ‘best of’ categories. They have a lot of selling points, which make them our personal choices. Read on to discover our top 10 favourite small estate cars.