At a glance
- Tesla, BMW and Mercedes offer some of the best electric cars for range
- The 2022 LucidAir luxury sports sedan is (currently) the car with the longest range in the world
- Our top picks range from high-end makes to more affordable options
- For most of our EV choices here, you’ll be able to browse available options online at Motors.co.uk
- The longest range electric cars you can buy this year
- Car make/models and range
- Mercedes EQS 450+
- Tesla Model S
- BMW iX
- Ford Mustang Mach-E
- Tesla Model 3
- BMW i4
- Tesla Model X
- Volkswagen ID.3
- Cupra Born
- Related articles & advice
When it comes to purchasing an EV, range and the ability to recharge your car batteries are the two key considerations for buyers. Well, today, it’s time to shake off any range-related anxiety. Because in the UK, there are now lots of different EVs for sale that can do over 300 miles on a single charge. So, buckle up and get ready to be impressed by the top 10 electric cars with the longest range.
First things first, when we say range, we mean just how far your car can go on a single charge.
But wait, what about charging points, too?
It’s all very well being able to drive a long distance in one go, but what about the return journey? Well, there’s no need to worry there, either. In the UK, we have over 42,000 designated public charge points at the time of writing, with over 5,000 rapid chargers and more and more being added every month. In fact, if you drive on the motorway or A roads, you’re never more than 25 miles away from a rapid charger!
And with the upcoming ban on the sale of new petrol and diesel cars in 2030 and hybrids in 2035, now is a great time to buy an electric car. If you still have some questions on the subject, check out our Electric Car Buyer’s Guide to learn everything you need to know about EVs. Now, read on to discover which electric car has the longest range, along with a hot list of our top picks.