In recent years, SUVs have surged in popularity, and manufacturers have been keen to meet customer demand. This is great news for buyers, as it means you can find the right SUV for your needs – from crossovers and small SUVs to mid-sized numbers and even large 4×4 off-road beasts.
Choosing a Small SUV
You should assess your needs before deciding on the type of SUV you’d like. If you have a large family or like to camp, check out our top 10s of the Best 7-Seat SUVs or the Best Large SUVs.
A smaller model might just be the ticket for you though. Here are some of the benefits of owning a small SUV – typically, you’ll have:
- A higher ride height with a commanding view of the road ahead
- An extra sense of safety and security with the car’s larger frame
- A car that’s good for small families
- A car that’s agile and nimble for city driving
- A lower purchase price compared to larger models
- Lower running costs and better fuel economy compared to large SUVs
- A car that still has the rugged good looks of an SUV
Top 10 Best Small SUVs
The cars on this list are the best small SUVs on the market. As you’d expect from the best, these vehicles also scored five stars out of five in Euro NCAP safety tests as standard. However, there are a couple of exceptions, the Suzuki Ignis and the Kia Stonic. These cars scored three stars as standard, but a full five stars when coupled with the optional safety packages.
Read on to discover our top picks.