Able to carry heavy loads and tow incredible weights, pickup trucks offer sport enthusiasts the all-round, ultimate package. They are well-suited to a wide range of activities and they offer a commanding view of the road. Plus, pickups usually have excellent ground clearance and 4×4 capabilities, able to venture off the beaten track for wild adventures.
REASONS TO BUY A PICKUP TRUCK
This class of vehicle was once a gas guzzling, brash, no frills affair more suited to industrial work, but the sector has made great efforts to transform the capabilities and the qualities of pickups to suit a broad range of purposes, all wrapped up in a more family-friendly package. Typically, the current generation of pickups are:
- More comfortable
- Better to drive, with a smoother ride experience
- Available with luxury tech, like heated seats
- Still off-road 4×4 warriors, able to tackle tough terrain and the worst weather with ease
- Able to tow incredible weights
- Quite affordable, retaining much of their value
- As safe as other cars, with the latest safety features and equipment
- Heroic, when it comes to helping someone stuck in the mud or those who need towing
- Like Swiss army knives of the motoring world, ideal for adventurers, camping holidays, families, and for transporting equipment
TOP 10 BEST PICKUP CARS FOR SPORT ENTHUSIASTS
Whilst the comfort levels and driving quality of pickups can’t quite match those of an SUV, sports utility vehicles certainly don’t match pickups for their high levels of practicality. If you have a lot of equipment to carry or you need to tow several canoes or quad bikes, then these trucks are definitely worth considering, especially if you enjoy off-roading, as few cars can match their abilities in that domain. Read on to see our top 10 best pickup cars for sports enthusiasts and see if there’s a model that takes your fancy.