Whether you have young children or older teenagers, sports utility vehicles are well-suited to the growing needs of families. They are practical, spacious, and provide a good sense of security with a commanding view of the road. When it comes to the best mid-size SUVs for families, they offer all this and that little bit more.
REASONS TO BUY AN SUV
SUVs have quickly become one of the most popular car types on the market, with lots of different variations available. Today, there really is an SUV to suit most families, from small crossovers right up to large seven-seaters. If you’re not sure whether this type of vehicle is right for you and your family, read on and see if any of these selling points resonate with your needs. Usually, SUVs:
- Are very practical with lots of storage spaces, handy cubbies, and a large boot volume
- Are spacious on the inside, for adults to sit comfortably in the front and rear
- Have better fuel economy than most people assume, particularly small crossovers and mid-size SUVs
- Have a raised ride height and a commanding view of the road
- Are convenient for installing and removing car seats thanks to the ride height
- Are four-wheel drive, providing extra grip and control in extreme weather
- Have lots of safety features and useful equipment like parking sensors and a reversing camera
- Have excellent towing capabilities – ideal for carting a trailer for bikes on a family weekend away
- Are available with a petrol, diesel, hybrid, or all-electric powertrain
THE TOP 10 BEST MID-SIZE SUVS
To give you extra peace of mind and security for you and your family when driving about town, all of the cars on this list have scored an impressive five out of five stars in rigorous Euro NCAP safety tests. Please, read on to find out our top 10 best mid-size SUVS.