Looking to purchase a new or used mid-size car, but need some inspiration? Or perhaps you’re just curious to find out what the leading vehicles are in this sector. Either way, you’ve come to the right place.
HELPFUL TIPS FOR BUYING A SECOND-HAND CAR
All of the mid-size cars on this list are not only great new, they can also be enjoyed pre-owned with a wealth of excellent deals available. If you are looking to purchase a vehicle from the used car market, then remember these helpful tips:
- A little preparation goes a long way – set a budget and research the types of vehicles you like, including their average sale price and mileage
- Check out the car’s rivals and compare prices, models, and deals
- Settle on two or three mid-size vehicles that suit your needs
- Try to take them on a test drive if you can
- Be sure to check the car for any signs of damage, including scratches, dents, and rust
- Test all the electrics and check the condition of the tyres
- Check the car’s service history to see how well it’s been cared for
- When it comes to closing the deal be prepared to haggle and have your price in mind
- And remember, be prepared to walk away if the price or car doesn’t meet your expectations
TOP 10 BEST MID-SIZE CARS
To give you extra peace of mind and security when driving about town, all of the cars on this list have scored an impressive five out of five stars in rigorous Euro NCAP safety tests. The only exception to this point is the Kia Ceed, which scored a confident four stars, and when equipped with the optional safety pack it received a full five star rating. Please, read on to find out our top 10 best mid-size cars.