When it comes to choosing a car for you and your best friend, there are a few extra things you’ll want to consider beyond the car’s performance. Features like air conditioning and dual climate control are especially nice additions for your furry companion, and it can be a good idea to get tinted windows in the rear as well, to help keep them cool on a hot summer’s day. On the other hand, as discerning as your dog may be, a cabin lined with plush white leather won’t stay plush or white for very long under their mucky paws and claws. So it’s probably best to go for a dark interior with hardwearing materials.
THE BEST FEATURES FOR DOGS
If you take the time to consider your canine’s needs they might not thank you outright for it, but when it comes to going on an adventure, they’ll have a waggly tail and an excited bounce in their step. And to give your dog the most comfortable journey, you’ll want a car that has:
- A large boot space fitted with solid, dog-proof materials
- A boot liner for your pooch’s comfort and the car’s protection
- A low down boot with little to no lip, so your hound can jump in and out easily
- A very important boot partition to separate your ever-hungry dog from your weekly food shopping
- A handy partition grill to stop your puppy from climbing into the cabin to give you impractical cuddles whilst driving
- A non-spill water bowl to keep your dog hydrate on your travels
TOP 10 BEST CARS FOR DOG OWNERS
The cars on this list have all been chosen with your canine companion in mind, but they’re not just for dogs. They have to be equally practical for everyday use as they are for your pet’s ‘walkie time’, and these vehicles tick that box. Read on to see what we’ve chosen as our top 10 best cars for dog owners.