Motors.co.uk has just launched a Twitter competition to hunt for the nation’s best car buying proverb.
The Twitter campaign at motorsenseisay, invites motorists across the UK to turn their top car-buying tips into a winning proverb. Simply share your pearls of wisdom through Twitter, and if you need some inspiration look for Motor Sensei’s own tweets to help you along the way.
The winning proverb, selected by a panel of the UK’s leading car dealers and the motors.co.uk editorial team will be featured in one of our advertising campaigns with the winner also receiving an Aston Martin driving experience!
The competition is designed to inspire budding sensei’s and is a fun way for motorists to share their top tips and advice for buying used cars whilst putting their creative writing skills to the test. Launched earlier this year, Motor Sensei is our new brand icon and a wise old man who provides car buyers who visit the site with trusted guidance and advice when searching for their next car.
Motor Sensei’s words of wisdom can be found on the website, but also on ‘Twitter’ where he updates his followers on the latest and greatest in car buying and selling news and reviews.
For a chance to win drivers should follow ‘motorsenseisay’ on Twitter and tweet #senseisay followed by their proverb. Proverbs must be no longer than 140 characters.
*Terms and Conditions of entry:
From 9th September until 30th September we’re running a proverb competition. There is one prize of an Aston Martin driving experience day for one at Silverstone racetrack, Northamptonshire. Minimum age 21; maximum age 70. All dates are subject to availability. Not suitable for those who are pregnant, suffer from epilepsy or heart conditions. If your experience is cancelled due to bad weather, your experience will be rebooked. Minimum height 5'2”. Maximum height 6'4”. Maximum weight 16 stone. Participants must have held a full driving licence for a minimum of three years and this MUST be presented on the day (no photocopies). Prize is provided by buyagift.co.uk. We’re looking for a proverb that creatively conveys a second-hand car buying tip or piece of advice. Proverbs will be judged by a panel of media industry experts.
How to enter
Your proverb should be made by posting a tweet to @motorsenseisay under the hashtag #senseisay on www.twitter.com.
1. Competition starts on 9th September and finishes at 23.59 on 30th September.
2. Your proverb should be made by posting a tweet to @motorsenseisay under the hashtag #senseisay on www.twitter.com. Only one entry per person. No applications will be accepted by agents, in bulk or from third parties.
3. Entries must be proverbs which are contained within a single tweet.
4. This competition is restricted to residents of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man aged [17 years] or over, excluding employees of motors.co.uk Limited or Associated Newspapers Limited, their immediate families, their agents or anyone professionally connected to the competition. Proof of eligibility must be provided on request. Winners/claimants of the prize must hold valid driving licences and must be within the eligibility criteria specified by Buyagift.co.uk which can be found at http://www.buyagift.co.uk/Terms.aspx?cm_sp=footer-_-Ts+and+Cs-_-a
5. Prizes will be awarded to the winner on or before 15 April 2010 by sending the winner a tweet via www.twitter.com. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and are subject to availability. Motors.co.uk reserves the right in our reasonable discretion to substitute any such gift, prize or item with a gift, prize or item of equal value.
6. The winner must respond within two weeks of the tweet notifying them that they have won in accordance with clause 4 above. If the winner does not respond to the tweet within two weeks, the prize will be forfeited and the judges may re-award the prize.
7. Winners must claim a prize by 15 October 2011 and failure to claim the prize by15 October 2011 will make any claim invalid.
8. Motors.co.uk will try to credit your proverb to you when we use it. Motors.co.uk reserve the right not to publish proverbs that are submitted.
9. By submitting your proverb and in consideration of Motors.co.uk granting you a right to enter the competition you agree to grant Motors.co.uk a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your proverb worldwide and/or to incorporate your proverb in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your proverb. You agree to waive any moral rights you may have in the proverb submitted by you. By submitting your proverb to the competition, you: a. warrant that your work is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available for all the purposes specified above; that it does not infringe any law; that it is not obscene or libellous; and that it does not violate the rights of any third party; b. agree to indemnify Motors.co.uk against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred as a result of your breach of the above warranty; c. agree to waive any moral rights in your work for the purposes of its submission to, and publication by, Motors.co.uk and the purposes specified above.
10. Motors.co.uk reserves the right to cancel this competition or to alter these rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and/or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
11. In the event of any dispute regarding the Terms, conduct, results or any other matters relating to this competition, the decision of Motors.co.uk shall be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. Motors.co.uk reserves the right in their reasonable discretion: (a) to disqualify any claimant, competitor or nominee whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the competition and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) in the Motors.co.uk website and/or other printed materials) or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the competition materially affecting the result of the competition or the number of claimants or the value of claims;
12. Motors.co.uk cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Motors.co.uk is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or failure of an entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in relation to the competition.
13. Proof of posting an entry on www.twitter.com is not proof of Motors.co.uk receipt of your entry.
15. By submitting a proverb in accordance with clause 2 above, entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them. Anyone wh
September 13, 2010