18/01/12 (revised 15/02/12)
1. Competition starts on 18th January 2012 and finishes on 9th March 2012.
2. The competition is free to enter. There are two stages to the competition. Between 10th January 2012 and up to 15th of February 2012 it is possible to make a nomination at mostdeserving.motors.co.uk (the “Competition Site”) of a “local hero” who you believe to be “most deserving” (a “Nomination”). After the Nomination closing date, the judging panel will choose nominees in 12 regional groups across Britain to proceed to the next stage of the competition (the “Regional Shortlist”). In determining the Regional Shortlist Motors.co.uk will review any information submitted with a Nomination and any additional information provided to and/or collected by Motors.co.uk in connection with any nominee. In addition, to be eligible for the Regional Shortlist, a nominee will be required to consent to their participation in the competition in accordance with these terms and conditions.
3. Between 22nd February 2012 and 9th March 2012 voting will take place on the Competition Site to determine the three nominees from the Regional Shortlist with the highest number of votes (the “Finalists”).
4. Motors.co.uk will choose one winner from the Finalists by reviewing the three entries and any additional information provided in relation to the Finalists including but not limited information submitted with the Nomination and any additional information provided to and/or collected by Motors.co.uk. The Nomination Stage:-
5. There is no limit on the number of Nominations that can be made per person. However, no applications will be accepted by agents, in bulk or from third parties.
6. By submitting a Nomination and in consideration of Motors.co.uk granting you a right to participate in the competition you agree to grant Motors.co.uk a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your nomination (or any part of it) worldwide and/or to incorporate your Nomination (or any part of it) in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your Nomination. You agree to waive any moral rights you may have in the Nomination submitted by you. By submitting your Nomination to the competition, you: a. warrant that your work is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available for all the purposes specified above; that it does not infringe any law; that it is not obscene or libellous; and that it does not violate the rights of any third party; b. agree to indemnify Motors.co.uk against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred as a result of your breach of the above warranty; c. agree to waive any moral rights in your work for the purposes of its submission to, and publication by, Motors.co.uk and the purposes specified above.
7. Motors.co.uk will try to credit your Nomination to you when we use it. However, Motors.co.uk reserves the right not to publish Nominations that are submitted. The Voting Stage:-
8. Voting on the Regional Shortlist will take place on the Competition Site. Voters may vote for as many candidates as they wish. However, only one vote by each voter will be counted for each candidate.
9. Motors.co.uk will choose the winner from the Finalists by 14th March 2012 and will notify the winner within 2 weeks of such date by email and post details of the winner on the website. The Prize:-
10. The prize will be (a) £2,500 for a registered charity (as registered at http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/) chosen by the winner; and (b) the purchase of a car advertised on the motors.co.uk website up to a value of £10,000 as chosen by the winner. Motors.co.uk will use reasonable endeavours to negotiate the purchase of the chosen car with Motors.co.uk’s list of approved vendors. However, by entering this competition the winner acknowledges that any vehicle purchase is subject to contract.
11. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and are subject to availability. Motors.co.uk reserves the right in our reasonable discretion to substitute any such gift, prize or item with a gift, prize or item of equal value.
12. This competition is restricted to residents of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man aged 17 years or over, excluding employees of motors.co.uk Limited or Associated Newspapers Limited, their immediate families, their agents or anyone professionally connected to the competition. Proof of eligibility must be provided on request.
13. The winner must respond within two weeks of the email notifying them that they have won in accordance with clause 9 above. If the winner does not respond to the email within two weeks, the prize will be forfeited and the judges may re-award the prize.
14. The winner must claim their prize by 27th May 2012 and failure to claim the prize by 28th May 2012 will make any claim invalid.
15. Nominees agree to provide reasonable cooperation to Motors.co.uk and they agree to allow Motors.co.uk to use their name and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in connection with this competition including but not limited to publication of the winner's name and photograph on the Motors.co.uk’s websites.
16. Motors.co.uk reserves the right to cancel this competition or to alter these rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and/or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
17. In the event of any dispute regarding the terms, conduct, results or any other matters relating to this competition, the decision of Motors.co.uk shall be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. Motors.co.uk reserves the right in their reasonable discretion: (a) to disqualify any claimant, competitor or nominee whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the competition and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) in the Motors.co.uk website and/or other printed materials) or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the competition materially affecting the result of the competition or the number of claimants or the value of claims;
18. Motors.co.uk cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any nominee entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Motors.co.uk is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or failure of an entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to a nominee's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in relation to the competition.
19. To the fullest extent permitted by law (and subject to paragraph 20 below), Motors.co.uk hereby excludes all warranties, representations, covenants and liabilities (whether express or implied) relating to this competition and/or the prize.
20. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude Motors.co.uk 's liability for: (i) death or personal injury as a result of its negligence; (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) any