Aston Martin has postponed its announcement concerning its future plans in Formula 1 until January.
Having previously been linked to Red Bull Racing and Williams, it’s looking as though the luxury supercar maker will partner with Force India.
Team principal, Vijay Mallya, is reported to have spoken about the benefit of a partnership with Aston Martin, deciding that it would be of huge importance to his team.
However, it would appear that talks between the manufacturer and race team have slowed in pace, as one source told Sky: "There is a definite inclination not to do it – in 2016, at least. But it could certainly be revisited in the future."
On the other hand, Aston Martin's director of marketing and communications Simon Sproule told Motorsport that talks were still very much underway.
He said: "We have not made any decision and we are not likely to make any final decision about either F1 or the broader motor sport strategy until the New Year.
"We also have to figure out what our path forward in sportscar racing is, and where we go with that. We are not looking at F1 in isolation.”
Both Aston Martin and F1 fans will have to wait a little longer to see if the iconic manufacturer will join the sport.
The news follows the announcement that Jaguar will be running a car in the Formula E championship next season.
December 16, 2015